Day 5




The word “Romania”, any self-respecting car enthusiast or rider, in the head float two magic words “Transfigures” and “Transalpina”. Many have heard about these famous roads and ancient release top gear has added to the popularity. There was only one problem, Transfagaras open in July and August, and the Transalpina as lucky — sometimes that in June.
After reading on different blogs how people on the motyka rode the concrete barriers calmly rode through the empty mountain roads, I thought that th I can!

To still somehow fit the image of a normal tourist, I decided to go to Castle Dracula. All of course know that the Dracula of this castle has a relationship is very distant, but nevertheless.

In the morning leaving from Brasov to bran, after working for “elbows” and after seeing the “sights” of the castle by 11am was ready to move on.


The route was supposed to be:


Of Bran the beautiful mountain roads meals in Curtea de Arges, then to Râmnicu Vâlcea and there is already a village Rânca, where the direction Tâu Bistra is the Transalpina road. Then go to Sebeś from him on the highway to Sibiu, where pre-booked hotel.

But it turned out like this:

From Bran to Rânca “only” 238 km. But I will remember for a long time. Two hundred thirty-eight kilometers of mountain road. When you constantly go at an angle, and the straights are long yards to 500 and then either up or down. The road is very beautiful, but exhausting. I arrived in Rânca, at about 6 PM with this thought — I now mountainous area will quickly pass, and then the autobahn and still have time for Sibiu to walk.



From Rânca the road constantly gaining altitude and pass the spring, fall and winter. Past the concrete blocks of the boom, I drove another kilometer and stopped in a pile of snow that blocked the road. But long it was 6 meters and it was the chute. After working hands and a little razgrebla it, I was able to drive on. Drunk, walked another 400 meters and then I run into a real boom. Specifically, the road is covered with snow. Hands I dug for three hours, when it's not known what's next, because the climb is still going, but the slope would be suicide on a heavy motorcycle.

And here comes the understanding that you need to go back and make a detour through Târgu Jiu, Petrosani and Hateg, which is almost 300 km. it's six o'clock in the evening, I again have including about 200 km of roads. And nothing, I would have scored did not go to Sibiu, and would stay on the road. But the hotel reservation was non-cancellable and played banal boorishness — how am I going to lose 60 euros for two nights!

You just start to blame, as the saying goes “all the money” — the serpentine twists and turns — it's okay to mix it up step on the accelerator, overtaking is prohibited, a double solid? — Well, anyone didn't stop! Oh the police showed up at their old cottage Logan — here's a new twist and I'm gone! Maybe for somebody it is a normal driving style, but I have to say, “I Manal!”. Then to top it off in the middle of the road I fall off the Internet, along with Navigator, I stopped at a gas station in the field, Gypsies ride horses and I'm trying to contact customer support. Needed the Internet critically, because I didn't even know the address of the hotel or its name. Support responded with the classic “Yes, we have problems, we do have a solution to your problem.” 

I moved on and went to the motorway purely on the signs. It was around 9 PM, an hour as it got dark, I was rushing at full speed only one thinking about hot tea and warm bed. And then I see the new message notification in a telegram from his wife — it means there is Internet! It was just a gift from above! Stop, enter the address of the hotel and flying back, we stopped in the town did literally 3 turns and got on the right street. The first time Google Navigator could find a specific house, and not bringing in some third place.

It was a tough day that I will remember for a long time, traveled almost 600 “curves” of kilometers, but they were worth it!

Day 6-7


The days have been cloudy and rainy. Do not go anywhere I wanted, gave myself two days rest from the bike. Walked around the Mall, sat in cafes, and so several times.
The city itself is quite nice and beautiful, but apparently weather + fatigue prevented to experience the city 100%.




Day 8


After a week on the road morning procedures begin to be practiced to automaticity: 6 am rise, half hour, water treatments, half an hour packing, fees, chain lubrication as needed and in the way. The weather forecast promised rain and sleet, but I apparently got lucky from him to leave.



The road to Belgrade passes through the highway to Timisoara and then have the usual regional roads. Frankly, after the previous days, riding stupidly in a straight line was a direct pleasure unscrewed its 130 km per hour and estimate time-200 km — so +- an hour and a half go.

The border was passed quickly, 10 minutes max on everything and I got to Serbia. Outwardly little has changed, except that everything began to go slower. Romanians compared to them, just hot guys. Finding the hotel as usually happened quest, Google persistently wound up in the wrong place at the address at the end, scoring the coordinates I realized where he was and after an hour cruising the Belgrade interchange I found it. Just 15 minutes after arrival it started to rain.



Since RSD, I have never traded, so a trip to the property was cancelled. Walked, as usual Google did not disappoint, and I walked an hour and a half along the waterfront, where only a bike path around the mega construction projects. The center itself is nice and cozy, lots of outdoor cafes, all walking. Local beer and cuisine did not disappoint, and at about 7 o'clock in the evening I moved back. 



This time he decided to go around the map without any navigation. Quickly passed 90% of all roads on the direct prospect and ends in the Park and the railway path. For a map of the hotel here it is for trees, river and railway road, and around it is a big circle.



Nothing to do, 3.5 km to the forest, it's almost the ninth evening darkens. Go on the road to a specific slide, no soul, right to the cemetery. Looking at the map estimate where to cut in case of meetings with the local hooligans. In the end, to the hotel was about 40 minutes, wonderful way!





Day 9


From bad weather not to run the morning greeted me good this rain. Two pants, rain gear, boot covers complete the outfit. I would like when planning a trip do not count on rain, I thought I will sit, and the rain cover that I inherited with the bike, took for the sake of it. But nothing, gritting his teeth, Packed up and left. Empirically picked the most comfortable position, especially when not blowing, and bleeding. But just get used to it, comes as the toll of road gloves wet until removed, then a backpack, a purse there, then back to pack — two or three minutes were occupied. 

After an hour drive saw the coveted sign of the McDonald's — hot coffee, exactly what was needed. Undressed, it became clear that ass I particularly wet and enjoy this very little. No choice, had a snack and went on. Drove another hour and a half as the rain stopped and even the sun came out and managed to dry. 



Closer to the border with Macedonia weather again deteriorated, it began to rain, towards a small tunnel at 300 meters passing it — and on this side a real storm, a hurricane, a strong side wind, the rain. Probably, in such moments comes the realization of something like “meaning of life” and other lofty things.



The accompaniment of this beautiful weather I reached the border and there ready to hang. However, the queue was moving fast, I just did not understand how. In the end, the campaign took me probably 4-5 minutes. It was the fastest border ever.

Skopje met this kind of traffic is very similar to harichovce. Turn signals? What is it? Constantly villiana insolently, pruning and other amenities. The classics welled a few laps around the blocks to find the hotel, eventually scored and drove directly under a brick.





City have left mixed feelings — there is an interesting place, but immediately next to piles of garbage. You can see how two cultures trying to get along together. In the centre, probably every 20-30 meters is a monument. Also have a good brewery in the area, I recommend.





in the next part: finally Greece, Vikos, the first experience with camping and the road to Athens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Magadan through the Gobi desert, or how to find of suffering on his 5 point)